Introducing Brave New World

This blog has a purpose to share my thoughts about this relevant book written by Aldous Huxley in 1932, which awake many interests in working about utopian and dystopian topics and I'll like to discuss our progress in this English book.

Regarding the introductions written by Margaret Atwood and David Bradshaw, they give us a preview of the story that comes later. Apart from all the details that the authors of the introductions mention, I consider that a very important one is the reason why Huxley wrote this text; in the year of 1926, Huxley visited the United States because he thought the most dangerous consequence of First World War was the American World domination. So, is curious noticing that Huxley included Henry Ford as governor because he read a book that Ford wrote called "My Life and Work" and the assembly models called Huxley´s attention and generate certain admiration of Henry´s empire.

I like how they describe this "perfect" world, and I find shocking the types of punishments the government made against any opposing person, my opinion about this is that a place in which people are in disaccord with the government would always be a chaos, even if it´s disguised.

On the other hand, the division of Brave New World is fascinating, there are ten zones but far far away from society are the Savage Reservations, and is unexpected the way they name these humans or persons as animals or rebel creatures, knowing that they are the same unless they are not controlled by Soma, which is another controversy, the "normal" persons are brainwashed, is shocking.

Nevertheless, I found a lot of written stuff very awkward and I would like to talk about that but there is so much information in only a few pages. Finally, the author is really creative when thinking about a future with no clues to follow; the pills, the system and in overall, all, technologically advanced. I expect that the climax of the story is that John the Savage finish with this big lie of "perfect" world everybody thinks about.


Comentarios